Tuesday 26 March 2019

The 'Inner Wisdom' of Honeysuckle Weeks

I readily admit that I haven't seen all episodes of Foyle's War. Yet we do own almost all seasons on DVD and I do know the series is on par with the likes of Midsomer Murders, Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. On reflection, my subconscious refusal to watch Foyle's War is more to do with me than the quality of the writing or of the acting. I mean, Anthony Horowitz created the series and nearly wrote all episodes, so excellence was (and still is) assured.
So, why didn't I watch Honeysuckle Weeks playing her Sam Stewart, while I do maintain this weblog? I have the feeling that Honeysuckle Weeks is always acting a bit too 'out of breath', as if she is suffering from a wee bit of ADHD and her medication hasn't kicked in yet, but that's simply because she has a bubbly and lively personality.

Honeysuckle Weeks is pretty, but not – and she surely agrees with me on this – stunningly beautiful. I have the distinct feeling that, behind all her smiles, intelligence, rakishness and joyfulness, there's some tragedy hiding deep within her. That tragedy sometimes rather sneakily manages to escape.

And yet...

Even with all these little flaws, Honeysuckle Weeks exudes an 'inner wisdom'. As if an ancient spirit lives in her still youthful body. And that makes her special and maybe even unique in that mostly depressingly empty world of glitter and glamour she chose to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment